What is a Life Guide?
Our Life Guides are Human Relations agents. They are trained in active listening and possess the characteristics to ensure a growth-promoting environment: congruence, unconditional positive regard, and an empathetic and understanding mindset.
Program Director, Team Coordinator, Lead Life Guide
- What’s your favorite song right now? Virtually a Girl by James Supercave
- When do you feel the most present? While listening to music.
- How do you cope with stressful situations? I remember to breathe and try to connect to my feelings.
- What do you define as self-care? Self-awareness.
- Fun Fact: I’ve been to Burning Man three times.
Life Guide, Lead in Asset-Mapping & Evaluation, Team Photographer
- What’s your favorite song right now? Morning After Coffee by Kelsey Lu.
- What inspires a sense of adventure in you? The chance to learn first hand from people’s experiences, cultures, and ideas and to create a collaborative exchange from this sharing.
- How do you measure intelligence? One way to measure the intelligence of a person is their ability to read the climate of space and act accordingly to make the space feel safe.
- What is your favorite self-reflection exercise? Freewriting.
- Fun Fact: I am passionate about music and photography.
Life Guide & Program facilitator
- What’s your favorite song right now? Halo by Beyonce.
- When do you feel the most present? Singing, Dancing and facilitating a workshop.
- What inspired you to join Grow? I knew this program would make a difference because of the holistic active approach this resource center endeavors to practice.
- What is one word that best describes your personality? Strength.
- Fun Fact: I have a passion for dance.
- What’s your favorite song right now? Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen.
- What is your biggest inspiration? My teacher and boss, Angelo Pasto.
- What inspired you to join grow? I see GROW as an opportunity to learn and grow while contributing to the community around me.
- How do you set goals? I start by writing bigger long-term goals and then I break them down into smaller short-term goals.
- Fun Fact: I love to breakdance.
Head of Artistic Expression & Wellness Development, Life-Guide-in-training
- What’s your favorite song right now? Babylon by Sza.
- What is one saying that resonates with you? #SpreadLove
- Where do you find your peace? Music gives me a sense of peace. Music to me is life. It heals. It speaks and feels.
- How do you set goals? SMART Goals
- Fun Fact: I sing for the Montreal Gospel choir
Life Guide, Marketing & Resource Strategist
- What’s your favorite song right now? Walls to Build – Kllo (Mall Grab Remix).
- When do you feel the most present? There’s always a moment right when I wake up that I feel the most clear-headed.
- What is one saying that resonates with you? “You are more powerful than you think you are. Act accordingly.” – Seth Godin.
- How do you cope with stressful situations? Breathing.
- Fun Fact: I was born in Japan and haven’t stopped traveling since.